Friday, May 12, 2017
Who Needs Knees
My latest adventure has to do with my knees and the journey back to a walking world. I'm only 1/2 way through the partial weight bearing process. I have spent nearly 4 weeks in bed with small breaks to keep my sanity. During which I have had to do my time in a CMP machine (Continuous Passive Motion)...8 hours a day lying in bed while my leg bends back and forth. The rest of my time has been spent sleeping, eating, reading and watching TV. I have gone out to dinner less than a handful of times for which I am incredibly grateful. I also get to out for physical therapy and doctor's appointments.
After two weeks I have been allowed to put 30% weight on my left leg which is a blessing. My right leg has had to take the brunt of the punishment that my weight has created. After a week I moved to a walker so that I would have more balance and my arms could help. I've used a wheelchair on all of my outings. All of it has been fun...not so much.
Week 3 I developed vertigo and am dizzy all the time. Even right now I am thinking about cutting this short because I can't focus. I think that might be best. My head is heavy and I can hardly hold it up. Stir crazy can't even begin to describe this time at home. I keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it when I'm back on my feet again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment