Saturday, February 25, 2017

We Care- Beginnings

"We Care" is my new slogan for the next step in this journey.  An unexpected opportunity arose this week so I took advantage of it and attended a meeting which focused on creating a new culture on campus that reflects a caring community.  While I'm not sure how I'm going to contribute yet, I do know it aligns with my heart for this university.

 It will be a huge undertaking by this task force.  We will be gathering data on the current programs we have and how they already provide for our students' needs beyond the classroom.  After we gather and review this information, we will see where there are gaps or areas in which we can improve.  It will be a way to get my feet wet.  Hopefully this will reveal my next step on my journey. 

As I have shared in my previous posts, I have been struggling with all of the stresses of my life recently and I have lost my focus on my path ahead.  That is the danger of each of our struggles. They can become a hurdle and can take us away from our desired focus and path. 

This morning I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep, because I was focusing too much on the hurdles and not the road ahead.  I decided to start a blessings journal where I will share a blessing a day.  Hopefully it will help me to refocus on the good and not the bad.  The more positive experiences on which I can focus, the better my chances are of staying on this journey's path and moving forward. 

Today, the blessing is simply realizing that my focus needed to change and creating that chance to stay on the path through new eyes.   I have a good friend who helped me to see where my focus was and reminded me of a technique that I learned in my previous life where you use a journal to improve your focus. I am so grateful that God can use us all in others' lives and many times he does it without us realizing he has done it. 

What's next?!

I'm not sure, but I'm feeling better and that is where you need to be. 

Feeling hopeful-


No comments:

Post a Comment